Did you guys see the Sparks The Rescue banner I uploaded onto our Facebook page? Use it!!
If you haven’t seen it, it may be because of new user settings…
I’m not sure if you know this, but the new Facebook settings have made your news feed limited to only the profiles that you interact with on a regular basis. So if you aren’t commenting on our page, status updates, pictures, etc we won’t be popping up in your news feed.
So make sure you’re interacting with the Facebook page at least once a week.
Note: You can change the settings so it allows you to see everyone’s updates no matter how much you interact with them, I recommend doing that.
Thanks to EVERY street teamer that voted for Go Radio to get the cover of the Warped Tour Issue of Alternative Press. It paid off and because of you, the band will be featured in the magazine which is sold in news stands all over the country! This is HUGE!! Make sure to keep your eyes open for it when its released and get yourself a copy!
Amely’s Live Under Lights EP is now available for purchase! Here’s a mission to help spread the word! It is due by end of day Thursday so make sure you get on it as soon as possible!
Post about Amely’s newest release “Live Under Lights” on Facebook, Twitter, Absolutepunk.net (Stick to just conversation here, reply to what people are saying and sound natural), Ping, and Youtube (Other social media outlets encouraged too!). These posts need to look and sound natural. You don’t want to spam your friends online, you want to promote Amely to them in a way that makes them interested in checking out the band. BE CREATIVE. Link them to videos, streams of the songs, album reviews, pictures, lyrics. You want to do the work and bring Amely to them.
TO ENTER this mission you need to have one post on each of the above sites. We will need screen shots for each one. We are looking for a complete internet take over though, so we want everyone to post as much as they can today, but space out your posts and avoid spamming. There are many outlets you can use! Include all screenshots in a brief report detailing what websites you posted on and email that me by end of day Thursday 4/21/2011.
Here are a few links you can use to promote the release.
10 submissions – Amely + Fearless poster/sticker bundle
20 submissions – Choice of a previously released album from the Fearless Records family
30 submissions – Signed copy of Amely’s “Hello World” EP
Sparks The Rescue Worst Thing I've Been Cursed With Pre-order Mission!
The pre-order packages for Sparks The Rescue’s new album, “Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With”, are up, get STOKED! We are all very excited for this release and need EVERYONE’S help in making it a hit! We’re going to change it up a little bit for this mission and break it up into three parts. I’m looking for some big promotion out you all with a lot of creativity. You guys should be looking to go above and beyond what is required. I’m always willing to hook up teamers that work hard. Teamers that go above and beyond what we are looking for could win a personal phone call from the band! AND the teamer that turns in the most impressive report will win tickets to a show AND a meet and greet with the band, the next time they are in your area. Lets let the world know about this album! Email me and let me know which parts you want to sign up for. You can sign up for however many parts you like, as long as you’re 100% commited! Just note that I will only be picking 10 teamers for the listening parties.
Online Promo Due: May 10th
Street Promo Due: May 10th
Listening Party Plan Due: April 17th
Listening Party Due: No later than 72 hours after your event.
Online: (Due May 10th)
For completing this mission you will receive a Sparks The Rescue Bracelet.
• Post about the pre-order on Facebook at least 12 times. Include the pre-order information and release date in most of them, but feel free to mix it up and talk about different things each day. I know a lot of you post lyrics in your status- this is a great example! But try to include the band name with it as well and mention that it’s a song of the new album. Tag Sparks The Rescue in your posts. (5 screenshots, but we will be checking your page)
• Post about the pre-order on Twitter at least 15 times. Include the pre order information and release date in most posts, but feel free to mix it up and talk . @reply the band in your tweet, but MAKE SURE your tweet doesn’t start with the @reply. Follow the same rules as the facebook posts. (5 screenshots, but we will be checking your page)
o Good: So stoked for the new @sparkstherescue album #worstthingivebeencursedwith! Pre-ordering it now ‘link
o #NowPlaying She’s a Bitch, I’m a Fool by @sparkstherescue from the new album #worstthingivebeencursedwith
o Bad: @sparkstherescue’s new album is available for pre-order ‘link’ Only followers who follow Sparks The Rescue will be able to see this, make sure all of your followers see it!
When mixing up the posts, be creative, you can use album art, lyric videos, the song preview videos, lyrics, anything to make a post.
• Post about the pre-order on Tumblr at least 5 times. Use the same guidelines as Facebook and Twitter, BE CREATIVE!(5 screenshots)
• Post on 5 different bands facebook pages. Must be a relevant band or one similar to Sparks The Rescue, try bands they have toured with or are on tour with now. (EXAMPLE: Posting on Bring Me The Horizons band page would NOT be a good idea.) Make sure the post does not sound like spam. (EXAMPLE: ‘This band is amazing. They would be really great on a tour with Sparks The Rescue, who have a new album coming out May 10th by the way.’ Also make sure somebody else hasn’t already posted. We don’t want 500 posts all on the same page! (5 screenshots)
• Create a Sparks The Rescue banner for your Facebook page and keep it up until the album is released, using photos you have with the band, or the band’s logo with a website like http://www.fbannersusers.com GET CREATIVE. (This should be included in your status update screen shots)
• Reply to 5 related absolute punk articles about the pre-order. Follow the same guidelines as the Facebook wall posts. Don’t do them all on the same day and make sure someone hasn’t already posted. (5 screenshots)
• Go to YouTube and watch “Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With” 5 times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fEdbQ80uo) and give it a “thumbs up”. Leave a comment on the video and share it on your Facebook and Twitter. (1 screen shot for the thumbs up and comment)
MAKE SURE YOU SPACE OUT YOUR PROMOTION
Include #worstthingivebeencursedwith in as many tweets as possible so we can begin to trend for release day! I’m always retweeting the best ones so keep it up! If we get this to trend the teamers involved will definitely be rewarded!
Street: (Due May 10th)
For completing this mission, you will receive an autographed copy of “The Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With”
• Hang up 1 poster up in your local Hot Topic/or Record Shop (1 Picture w/ a description of where it is)
• Hang up 1 poster at your school, in an area where a lot of kids will see it (1 Picture w/ a description of where it is)
• Hang up 1 poster at your local venue. (1 picture w/ a description of where it is)
• Hang up 2 more posters in creative/high traffic areas. (1 picture w/ a description of where it is)
• Pass out all stickers at a show in your area, of a band similar to Sparks The Rescue. (Have at least 2 pictures taken of you passing them out)
• Create a Sparks The Rescue Display with snipes. Use them all at once and be creative!
——————————————————————————————————————- Listening Party:
(Plan due by April 17th — report, photos, and video due no later than 72 hours after your party)
For completing this mission, you will receive a Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With Pre Order Bundle
Host a listening party- this could be at home, dorm commons, coffeeshops, etc. We want you to go all out with this. Come up with Sparks The Rescue/ Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With themed activities that will help promote the band/new album, think of creative ways to get your friends to buy the music at your party! You will need to turn in a marketing plan. This should explain all of the contests, activities, date, where the party will be, and anything else you plan on doing. I’ll work with you to get it right before we send materials.
• Party must fall on the evening of a Friday or Saturday in May.
• Minimum of 20 attendants required (please make these people who may not have heard of Sparks The Rescue before).
• Must last at least 2 hours
• Focus on Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With/Sparks The Rescue must be a priority (i.e. no parties with just Sparks The Rescue’s music playing in the background somewhere, etc). Remember that this is to promote the new album, so make sure your party isn’t based on Eyes To The Sun.
• Party must be decorated with a Sparks The Rescue theme- Again, we’re focusing on Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed with so try to avoid the Eyes To The Sun theme.
• All materials mailed MUST be used. Prizes MUST be given away. I will need 10 pictures of this happening.
• There must be two contests in place. Prizes will be provided. (These must be included in your marketing plan). Examples of past contests include a band themed cupcake decorating contest and pin the album cover on the hand. Try to get creative and think of things along the lines of the new album and a Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With theme.
• A minimum of 15 pictures and one 90 second long video is required. Video must be uploaded to youtube, tagged with Fearless Records, Sparks The Rescue, Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With, 3 similar artists, and include music from the new album.
• Collect at least 15 emails for the mailing list, and phone numbers for the mobile fan club. The phone numbers are equally important! Make sure they know they’re signing up for exclusive news, contests, content, and first listens to songs.
• Get everyone to buy a song, album, or merch at your party. How you do this is up to you, but we will need a marketing plan from you.
• Educate the attendees about Sparks The Rescue. We will be sending “onesheets”. This is one sheet that covers all major highlights of the band, the bio, hometown, release dates, etc. You can use these to help you. Talk briefly about current shows coming to your area, and any exciting news with the band. Make sure you’re working this stuff into conversations, cool signs, etc. These people came to a party, not a lecture.
Please make sure you’re prepared for your party as well. Batteries dying, camera getting wet, etc are not excuses for not having the proper pictures. These are all things that can be properly planned for. Again, this should me more than just a party with Sparks The Rescue playing and some posters up.
A minimum of 15 pictures and one 90 second long video is required all with your 10 pictures of your materials being used and prizes being given away. Video must be uploaded to youtube, tagged with Fearless Records, Sparks The Rescue, Worst Thing I’ve Been Cursed With, 3 similar artists, and include music from the new album. We are sending a lot of materials, so please only sign up if you’re dedicated to hosting an AMAZING event.
We have two bands in the running to be on THE COVER Alternative Press’s Warped issue. Right now, Go Radio is in second place, but we want to make sure people keep voting so they can win! Voting ends at 5pm on Friday, so let’s make this happen! Please please please reblog and tell all of your friends!
We have an opening on our Street Team staff. We are looking for a hard working, DIE HARD, Motionless In White fan who wants to take on the Team Leader position. This a great opportunity to be more involved in the Music Industry and to be a bigger part of the Fearless Records Family. As a team leader you will be the main link between the label and the street team. You will be working side by side with us on creating missions and new and exciting ways to promote the band. Team Leaders have more responsibility, but are rewarded for their hard work as a result.
Here are the job requirements
- Must love Motionless In White and be dedicated to their success
- Must have an outgoing personality, you will need to get out there and talk to people about the band and the label
- Must be creative, you will be creating missions and promotions for your team to execute
- Must be organized
- Must have great communication, with your teamers, the label, venues, and the band
If you think this sounds like something you would be interested in, then send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send in your Top 5 street team promotions you’ve completed
- Send in 5 ideas for future Motionless In White street team missions
- Send in a resume (even if it doesn’t have much work experience, but definitely include your street team experience)